Rammell (Mel) Nwaokai
Rammell (Mel) Nwaokai, MS
- Master of Science in Kinesiology, California University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology, Northern Illinois University
- Associates of Science, Kishwaukee College; where he played collegiate basketball before commissioning in the US Army.
- Post Graduate Studies DC-Chiropractic Medicine
- Post Graduate Studies PhD-Exercise Physiology
License & Certifications
- Licensed Massage Therapist MT#118681
- Active Release Techniques Certified Provider
- Functional and Kinetic Therapy with Rehab Cert. Provider
- Fascial Stretch Therapy Certified Provider
- RockTape Certified Provider
- Cupping Therapy, IASTM, & Orthopedic Massage
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist
Rammell’s innovative approach and devotion to pursuing and communicating on the most credible and effective soft tissue treatments have resulted in several relationships with medical and healthcare providers throughout the country. Building upon his strong belief in continuing education and a multidisciplinary approach, he became a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) through Parker University and graduated with honors.
Mel is an avid triathlete and runner. He clearly understands the physical and mental demands of training and competing. He currently serves as a Medical Service officer in the Army Reserves. In addition, he has been a part of Southern Methodist University’s Sports Medicine department dealing with all musculoskeletal injuries and recovery associated with all teams. His passion for sports, fitness and nutrition provides clients and patients with advice in moving forward with a plan of action toward exercise as medicine.